Payroll Administration Apprentice, Mansfield Central Computer Management
We are inviting enthusiastic individuals who are committed to learning new skills in Payroll. The vacancy is for an Apprenticeship Payroll Assistant who will be part of our bureau team. The Payroll Administrator role is the main entry point to the business.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
14 Nov 2017
09 Oct 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The vacancy is for an Apprenticeship Payroll Assistant who will be part of our bureau team. We have three main parts to the business projects, support and bureau. The Payroll Administrator role is the main entry point to the business where experience is built with the eventual possibility of graduating into one of the other more specialist teams.
The bureau team is responsible for the day to day processing of payrolls. Many of our payrolls collect data through an internet portal and this is then checked and processed Some customers provide data on spreadsheets and a few by other means and it all needs to be entered into the system so that tax/National Insurance can be calculated, payslips produced and payments to employees made. Reporting to the bureau supervisor the candidate will be increasingly involved in all aspects of the payroll processing, including printing and pressure sealing paper payslips, burning CD’s and entering data.
- Dealing with client data
- Data entry onto spreadsheets
- Producing payslips, printing and burning CD’s
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
You will be mentored by senior members of the team to learn internal systems and procedures. You will be working towards a Business Administration Standard at Level 3 and have good opportunities to learn all aspects of business.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Attention to detail and work to targets
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- To work on own initiative
- Be able to follow guidelines and instruction
- Experience in working in an office environment
- Experience in administration/word processing/spreadsheets
- Good literacy skills
- IT skills, knowledge of Microsoft office
- Excellent communication skills written and verbally
- Time management skills
- Confident telephone manner
- Organisational skills, ability to work to deadlines
- GCSE Grades A to C or 9-4 (new grades) equivalent are essential, specifically English
Things to consider
About the employer
- Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms
- An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time
- As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition
- Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice
- Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799
Business and Administration
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Shannon Wilson 01623627191
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017