Apprentice Retail Assistant Shoe Zone
The UKs number one value footwear retailer is offering you the opportunity to develop your leadership, commercial and interpersonal skills within a fast-paced retail environment. Do you like the thought of being part of a fast moving, exciting retail business with a commitment to training and promotion from within?
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
06 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The main purpose of a retailer is to assist customers when they purchase products, which requires a good understanding of the stock being sold, the variety of ways customers can shop and the ability to process payments, for example, using a till.
Retailers must be passionate about delivering a quality service that always aims to exceed customers’ expectations. Therefore, retailers enjoy direct contact with a wide range of people and are motivated by completing a sale and knowing a customer is happy with their purchase.By learning on the job, working independently, and shadowing colleagues, you will develop significant skills and increased confidence within a retail environment.
Your duties as a retail apprentice will include:
- Positively interact with customers, using business relevant methods to support and increase sales by providing useful information and service.
- Assisting with customer queries, orders, and returned goods.
- Establish a good rapport with customers, serve them in line with brand standards and promote the values of the business in all work activities.
- Help match products to customers’ needs and increase the amount they spend for example through the sale of associated products and services.
- Maintain appropriate levels of the right stock to meet customer demand, ensure it is kept in the correct condition (for example correct temperature, environment, packaging), and minimise stock loss through accurate administration, minimising wastage and theft.
- Support team members to ensure that the services provided are of a high quality, delivered on time and as required.
You will be contracted 30 hours/week and paid a wage. We are also able to offer you up to 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), 25% staff discount, profit share schemes, competitive pay rates, long service awards, 1st class training and good promotion prospects.
Requirements and prospects
- Previous retail or customer service experience would be great, but as long as you have the attitude and willingness then this could be the opportunity for you.
We are looking for candidates who are full of personality & enthusiasm to join our team. The ideal candidate will be:
- Committed to delivering a high-quality customer service.
- Confident dealing with customers.
- An excellent communicator.
- For our Level 2 apprenticeships we are looking for a minimum of grade D or above in English and Maths at GCSE (or equivalent) + 2 further GCSE's at grade D or above.
About the employer
As an apprentice, you will complete an industry wide recognised qualification, relative to the role you work within.
This will involve on the job and off the job training within the workplace and supported by a state of the art online virtual learning environment and the support of a Tutor Assessor.
You will receive regular training and be observed whilst you work.
In addition to your daily duties you will also complete theory work and a couple of tests. This may involve a little revision but there is very little you won’t have already learnt on the job.
Throughout your programme you will be supported not only by your line manager but your tutor assessor, who will ensure you are on course with your progression and on track for successful completion.
Retail > Retailer
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SR Education
Gina Dwane 0194920976 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017