Apprentice Nursery Nurse First Steps
First Steps Nursery in Croydon are seeking a Level 2 qualified Nursery Nurse to join their team and train towards the Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Childcare.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
06 Oct 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Apprentice Nursery Nurse will be required to carry out the following day to day duties as part of their role:
- Take part in planning activities for the children, linked to the EYFS
- Set up and carry out activities
- Take responsibility for a key group of children
- Observe children daily and update developmental records
- Ensure that the policies, procedures and routines of the nursery are followed at all times
- Keep the setting clean, tidy and safe for the children and staff
- Commuicate and feed back to parents on a daily basis
- Nappy changing and hygiene duties
Requirements and prospects
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 months experience working with children, will have a good level of written and spoken English and be able to commuicate confidently and effectively with parents.
The ideal applicant will be:
- Polite, courteous and well presented
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Dedicated to training and willing to learn
- Reliable and punctual
Level 2 Childcare qualification is essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Apprentice Nursery Nurse will be employed up to 40 hours per week
Your employer will appoint a work based mentor to support you and you will also get a dedicated Training Manager from Smart Training
On completion of this apprenticeship, you will be awarded:
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications in Mathematics, English and ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities qualification
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Smart Training
Lucy Brown 0203 700 4294 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2017