Childcare Apprenticeship Newbold Church Of England Primary School
We are currently looking for an apprentice to join our busy team and hopefully progress onto Level 3 after completing the Level 2.
Closing date: 15 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Nov 2017
05 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties will include;
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care.
- Prepare meals and organise mealtimes and snacks for children.
- Help children keep good hygiene.
- Respond to injuries and signs of illness.
- Dealing with parents/customers and queries.
- Support staff and maintain good standards safeguarding, health & safety and hygiene, follow company policies at all times and respect confidentiality
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to follow instructions and work on own initiative as necessary
- Good verbal communication and listening skills to communicate effectively with parents, carers and other professionals
- Able to keep accurate records
- Able to implement high health and safety standards
- Work flexibly as part of a team
- Desire to work with children
- Hardworking, reliable & trustworthy
- Able to work in a team
- Good people skills
- Caring and compassionate
- Willing to learn
- Friendly and approachable
A-C grades in Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualifications.
About the employer
Newbold Church Of England Primary School
The successful apprentice will be enrolled onto an intermediate apprenticeship and Level 2 CYPW qualification. All training is 100% work based, so this is a great way to learn if you no longer want to sit in a classroom.
You have a dedicated Interserve Assessor who will give training, support and guidance throughout your 12 month apprenticeship.
As well as working towards a Level 2 CYPW qualification you will also receive training towards a technical certificate and functional skills, Maths, English and ICT (if relevant).
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Nov 2017