Early Years Educator Dubmire Primary School
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within Dubmire Daycare as an Early Years Educator. With help from this supportive setting, candidates will gain the skills and knowledge needed to complete a Level 3 Diploma in the Early Years Educator.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
06 Oct 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The applicant will work with babies up to 5 year old, but will predominately be within the baby room. Some of the duties will be:
- Plan and provide a programme of activities for children as up to 5 years old
- Support childcare practitioners and senior staff in ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the nursery
- Complete key worker files, developmental records and observations as appropriate
- Complete daily/weekly diaries, attend regular staff meetings
- Adhere to and promote all company policies and procedures
- Ensure Health & Safety and hygiene of the nursery is to a high standard
- To work and learn within our Early Years Team assisting with planning and implementing activities with individual or groups of children promoting effective teaching and learning.
- To promote the inclusion of all children
- Support each child basic needs of feeding, toileting, etc.
- Act as a role model and learn to set achievable expectations
- Assist in a safe working environment both inside and outside .
- Encourage children to interact and work co-operatively with others
- Promote safeguarding in all aspects of our service
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to work to timescales
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as individually
- Ability to follow Health and Safety and Safeguarding guidelines
- Good ICT skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Candidates must hold a GCSE Grade A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
About the employer
An Advanced Level Apprenticeship in the Early Years Educator including:
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator.
- Paediatric 1st Aid
- Food Safety
Children and Young People's Workforce
SPRINGBOARD SUNDERLAND TRUST
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Springboard Sunderland Trust
Lynsey Jacobs 0191 5155331 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017