Childcare Apprentice NUNEATON & BEDWORTH LEISURE TRUST
The Apprentice Childcare Assistant will spend 1 year being mentored by an experienced Childcare Professional gaining confidence and experience across one of two sites.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
05 Oct 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To contribute to the planning of daily and weekly activity programmes in consultation with other members of the team.
- Organise and implement specific sport, games art and craft activities for a group of children in your care.
- Supervise children on the scheme ensuring their safety at all times.
- Assist in registering children in and out of the scheme ensuring all children are accounted for.
The Apprentice ChildCare assistant will spend 1 year being mentored by an experienced Childcare Professional gaining confidence and experience to move to independent management of sessions within the 2nd year of the apprenticeship.
The post could be across one of two sites with the opportunity to work in the School Holidays within our Play Scheme projects or at our Purpose built nursery. This is an excellent opportunity for a young person who has the desire to gain a career from Child Care.
It will encompass the teaching and supporting of writing lesson plans, risk assessments and learning journals where applicable.
Development plans and activity sheet production.
Requirements and prospects
- Literate and numerate
- Good communicator
- Reliable with good time-keeping
- Smart, clean appearance
- Have a desire to work with children
- Friendly, helpful personality
GCSE Grade C or above in maths and English or equivalent
Applicants must already hold a level 2 Nationally Recognised Child Care Qualification.
Ideally hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle on a daily basis.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Childcare Certificate Level 3
- Technical Certificate Level 3
- Functional skills in maths and English
- Employment right and respoinsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Children and Young People's Workforce
HENLEY COLLEGE COVENTRY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Henley College Coventry
Sharon Barker 02476 626306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017