Apprentice Business Administrator D F H Financial Services
DFH Financial Solutions are looking to recruit an Apprentice Business Administrator to join their team based in Manchester City Centre.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
04 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Collect and sort the company post according to department.
- Scan paperwork to Filestream and/or Debtsolv and file hard copy priority paperwork as appropriate.
- Accurately index forms and documents to the workflow of relevant departments.
- Log cheques and sign over to the Accounts department for banking.
- Ensure paperwork is correctly filed or securely destroyed as appropriate.
- Add scanned images and email documents to client computer files.
- Collect, staple and envelope letters from other departments with relevant forms, PPE, giro slips etc.
- Check samples of letters to ensure fees and durations are correctly calculated and report any errors.
- Ensure prompt despatch of company outbound mail, includes counting & bagging post, recording Special/Recorded delivery items and completing online Royal Mail docket/Whistl despatch papers.
- Action any file enquiries from other teams.
- Contribute to the overall performance of the department.
- Provide adhoc assistance to directors and senior management as and when required.
- Constructively contributes to team decision making and aligns own efforts towards accomplishing team goals
- Considers and balances own needs with team needs
- Maintains a positive influence on team morale by actively participating in team initiatives
- Is approachable, willing to listen and gives time to colleagues when necessary
- Shows loyalty and respect for others in the team
- Notices when a colleague is under pressure and offers support
- Has the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Provides support to the less experienced members of the team.
Punctuality, Reliability and Motivation:
- Good attendance with excellent timekeeping skills
- Takes personal responsibility for job performance
- Completes work in a timely and consistent manner, paying close attention to detail and accuracy
- Sticks to commitments and shows concern for all aspects of the job and follows up on work outputs
- Is motivated and maintains a high level of productivity and self-direction at all times
- Discretion and a trustworthy manner, with an understanding of the need for client confidentiality
- Has a good understanding of ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ and effectively implements this in to daily work life, putting the customers at the heart of the company
- Ensures high levels of work and professionalism are always maintained
Adherence and Professionalism:
- Consistently adheres to Company Policies and Procedures, and conditions of employment in carrying out daily tasks
- Reports incidents of non-compliance to Line Manager or Compliance Team
- Knows own responsibility for adhering to legal requirements in areas such as data protection and health & safety
- Conforms to company dress code
- Willingly supports and adopts any procedural changes due to compliance requirements
- Demonstrates flexibility in an ever-changing and improving industry, ensuring high standards of self-conduct at all times
- Actively makes use of the Company Training Portal to keep informed on policy and regulatory updates
- Is self-motivated and takes pride and satisfaction in own work and ownership for completing tasks
- Can deliver what is required in the role
- Meets individual coaching objectives and progresses against competencies and targets
- Tracks own performance and actively contributes to coaching sessions and 1:1s
- Seeks feedback from others in order to continually improve own performanc
- Is committed to developing within the role and open to feedback
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent knowledge of office equipment such as photocopiers, scanners and printers
- Computer literate
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results on various projects
- Can prioritise workload and ensure all work is completed to deadlines
- Has good attention to detail and ensures work is completed accurately
- Ability to use own initiative and solve problems
- Communicates in a clear, open and honest manner and articulates ideas and information clearly and in a logical sequence
- Responds to questions with accurate and complete information
- Ensures the message content is appropriate to the audience
- Allows others to speak without interrupting and demonstrates active listening
- Adapts own communication style to needs of others
- Written communications are clear, professional and compliant at all times
GCSE Grade D or above in English and Maths or equivalent
About the employer
- NVQ Level 2
- Functional Skills
- Employment Rights
- Rights and Responsibilities
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Sabina Dunworth - Ali 0161 886 7461 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017