Apprentice CNC Machine / Brake Press Engineer THE ALAN NUTTALL PARTNERSHIP LIMITED
This is a superb opportunity to start an apprenticeship with The Alan Nuttall Partnership. You will undertake an apprenticeship in engineering that will cover all aspects of performing engineering operations. Working within a thriving engineering environment, you will learn and develop an understanding of machining and raw materials.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
05 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties would include:
- Reading engineering drawings
- Working with hand tools and raw materials. You will be able to use measuring aids (tape measure, verniers) and develop an understanding of what tolerances are relevant
- Working with steel and understanding gauges and the differences in various metals
- Working within a welding department to gain knowledge of both Mig and Tig welding
- General maintenance and tooling duties
- CAD drawings and programming of CNC machines within the department
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- Interpersonal skills: You will be able to effectibely communicate with others, both verbally and in writing
- You will have the ability to be able to read and understand technical drawings. This will include understanding raw materials
- Good computer skills, able to use Microsoft packages
- Good attention to detail and accuracy in your work
You will need to hae obtained Maths and English GCSE's at grade C or above, or the equivalent qualification.
An additional science GCSE grade C or above, or relevant equivalent qualification would be an advantage with this application.
Things to consider
About the employer
- This is a 1 year, level 2 Performing Engineering Operations apprenticeship
- You will attend college twice a week with the remaining time spent in the work place
- As part of your apprenticeship, you may be requied to sit functional skills maths and English, this will depend on your previous qualifications
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Stephen Dugmore 01922 688891 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017