Health Records Assistant Apprentice East Kent Hospitals Nhs Trust
To provide, through the Health Records Department, an efficient and streamlined administrative service to customers of East Kent Hospitals NHS Trust. To maintain a high standard of customer service skills when dealing with staff/ relatives and patients within the department. The role will include manual handling and is an active job.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Nov 2017
03 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To answer and respond to internal and external telephone enquiries recieved in the Health Records Department, interpret problems and generate solutions in a polite and courteous manner, following scripts provided.
- To work on a busy reception.
- To ensure all referals and appointments are made accurately to the correct list, once priortised. Referals should be booked under the correct consultant speciality, site and booked in chronological order.
- Referal letters should be checked for urgancy before being date stamped, scanned, processed and added to the system to be seen by consultants for prioritisation.
- To ensure patients are booked according to clinical triage to the consultant with the shortest waiting times and to ensure all bookings are carried out in accordance with the speciality booking rules.
- Ad Hoc task relevant to the post as directed by the Health Records Manager or Senior Administrator.
- To identify private patient referals and follow procedures in place.
- To undertake Clinic Maintenance by divisions. To esnsure cancellations are re booked in accordance with East Kent Hospitals Trust Access Waiting Times.
- To provide a sensitive and professional approach to patients through the Department.
- Working under pressure to produce an efficient Administration Service to patients/staff while coping with a high workload.
- To deal with a variety of sensitive and confidential issues which should be maintained in accordance to the Data Protection Act.
- To maintain targets and objectives set by the Trust.
Requirements and prospects
- To be flexible in the working hours.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel.
- Good keyboard skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbally.
- Experience in a customer focused role.
- Customer service
- Good communication
A-C in Maths and English or equivalant.
About the employer
East Kent Hospitals Nhs Trust
NVQ Business Administartion Level 2
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Canterbury College
Karen Wheeler 01227 811315 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017