IT Apprentice Roselands Primary School
Exciting opportunity to work as an IT apprentice at a Paignton primary school. There will be opportunities to work across schools within the Riviera Education Trust and alongside experienced ICT technicians.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
03 Oct 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
To assist and support the ICT manager in the use of ICT within the school environment through:
- Managing and updating school networks
- Maintaining and updating ICT hardware and equipment including technical fault diagnosis and repair
- Installing and updating administrative and curriculum software
- Providing curriculum support during lessons and software training for staff
- Maintaining and updating class and pupil data files
- Updating the school's website
- Working with the ICT manager and subject leader to provide technical advice and guidance on hardware and software
- Ensuring the school complies with ICT health and safety legislation and with data protection legislation
- Prioritise jobs and work independently and flexibly
- Work within the school's safeguarding policy
Requirements and prospects
- Must be motivated
- Able to use your own initiative
- Able to work unsupervised
- Good customer service
- Able to work with children of all ages
- To succeed on an apprenticeship programme you will need to be dedicated and hardworking, with excellent customer service skills.
- GCSE Maths, IT and English grade C would be desirable.
About the employer
- BCS Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
- BCS Level 3 Award in Networking and Architecture
- BCS Level 3 Award in Mobile and Operating Systems
- BCS Level 3 Award in Cloud Services
- BCS Level 3 Award in Coding and Logic
- BCS Level 3 Award in Business Processes
- Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT at level 2
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
SOUTH DEVON COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Devon College
Samantha Owen firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017