Construction Building Maintenance Apprentice Seal Construction Ltd
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a busy local tradesman and work on varied and interesting projects
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017
£140.00 - £180.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
03 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Seal Construction are a recognised builder of listed, regency and period properties across the county of Gloucestershire and surrounding areas.
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Insurance Work
- Cotswold Stone Tiling and Walling
Seal Construction are seeking an apprentice to assist in all aspects of the building trade and will work alongside the business owner and have opportunity to learn from other tradesman who work on-site.
Duties would include:
- Preparing and cleaning the construction areas
- Assisting workers with equipment
- Helping on small build tasks
- Learning new skills from experienced builders
- Maintaining health, safe and hygienic working practices
- Providing polite and courteous customer service at all times
- Any other job that may be required in line with industry requirements
As you become more confident and competent within your job role, we will develop your skills and knowledge to include aspects of:
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Rendering & Plastering
- Painting and Decorating
- Kitchen and bathroom renovations
- General build and maintenance
- Comply with health and safety working practices
- Maintain customer service whilst at work
Whilst being trained within the workplace environment, you will also be required to complete an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Maintenance Operations, supported by South Gloucestershire & Stroud College, Stroud Campus.
Requirements and prospects
- Any previous trade/site experience or skills would be an advantage but is not essential
- Most important is a desire for a career in the building industry and a willingness to learn whilst working hard to contribute
- Own transport to and from sites within the Stroud area desirable or the ability to get to Nympsfield by 7am is essential
- Own driving license desirable (but not essetial)
- Having the right attitude, work ethic and commitment to your education as well as your employment are essential requirements to this role
- As we work predominantly in and around our customers’ homes reliability, trustworthiness and a mature attitude to working on site are essential
- Positive attitude to hard work and working as part of a team with proactivity and initiative are also key to this role
Although GCSE Grades A*-D (or equivalent) in Maths and English Language are desirable.
Seal Construction will also consider applicants who are willing to develop these through additional training to include Functional Skills as part of the apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
About the employer
As the successful apprentice you will undertake an Apprenticeship in Maintenance Operations to include:
- An NVQ
- Knowledge Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where applicable)
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS)
The Apprenticeship will be delivered by South Gloucestershire & Stroud College. You will be required to attend Stroud Campus to complete any underpinning knowledge support through day release over two academic years. You will see the majority of your assessments towards your qualifications undertaken within the workplace environment.
You will be assigned a supervisor/mentor within the workplace, who will support you to develop your workplace skills, knowledge and experience throughout the duration of your apprenticeship programme.
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Trudy Hillier 01453 761135 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017