Business Administration Apprentice Wealden District Council
Wealden District Council seeks 4 motivated and committed individuals looking to gain rich experience and robust training in a local government environment. You will shadow, learn from, and provide support to, a team of officers and you will be supported through comprehensive workplace training and induction.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Jan 2018
03 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career in business administration.
You will shadow, learn from and receive appropriate training in order to provide administrative support to a team, in one of the following areas:
- Digital Services
- Audit and Investigation
- Business Services and Finance
The key tasks will include:
- General administrative tasks, such as photocopying, processing mail, scanning documents, maintaining filing systems and updating office records.
- Using Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and other bespoke software relevant to the service area you work in.
- Answering the telephone and liaising with staff, clients, other agencies and members of the public to assist in the delivery and provision of services.
- Accurately inputting and processing data from databases and spreadsheets.
- Assisting with meetings where applicable, making arrangements for the meeting to take place, taking minutes and distributing accurate records of meetings.
- Managing and improving your performance in a business environment.
- Working and communicating effectively in a business environment.
Requirements and prospects
The essential skills for the role include:
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Confidence to speak on the phone and respond to members of the public.
- Ability to check for accuracy and give attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively with regard to problem solving.
- Good organisational skills, able to organise self to work to deadlines and meet service standards.
- Knowledge and/or experience of using computers and the Internet.
The desirable skills for the role include:
- Interest in local government and knowledge of local authority functions.
- Ability to research, interpret and convey complex information and processes using appropriate data sources with regard to national legislation.
- Good numerical skills to analyse statistical information.
- Understanding that you will be working in a customer focused service.
- Knowledge and/or experience of using MS Word & Excel.
- Willing to work flexibly and supportively within a team, and on own initiative
- Smart appearance and professional manner
- Focused on learning and making a difference to the public
There are no essential qualifications for the role however all candidates will be required to sit initial assessments in Maths, English and ICT.
It is desirable that applicants have GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C (now grade 4) or above in Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths, English, and ICT (exempt if already have GCSE equivalent C+ grade)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Business and Administration
SUSSEX DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sussex Downs College
Katie Parris 030 300 39871
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017