Business Administration Apprentice Anstey School
An exciting opportunity to begin your career with Parenta Training, working in a Business environment. Become an apprentice in one of our fun and friendly offices as part of the administration team and gain office experience while you learn.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017
£81.00 - £141.00
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 20.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2017
02 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Parenta have many opportunities available, and offer you the chance to ‘Earn as you Learn’ whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. The best part? There are no classes to attend!
We are currently hiring candidates to work in an office based environment.
The moment your journey begins as an apprentice:
- You become an employed member of staff
- You will be paid an hourly rate
You will work towards gaining a full qualification – without having to attend classroom based lessons. The apprenticeship will last a minimum of 12 months. You will be working towards a Level 2 or Level 3 in Business Administration.
Throughout your role you are not alone. Parenta offer you full training, support, guidance and are here to help you progress your career. You even have a personal assessor/tutor assigned to you from the moment you start your journey as a modern apprentice.
Your role will include:
You will be a team player whilst maintaining the ability to initiate and self-manage your own tasks. You will be required, at all times, to maintain the highest possible standards, in order to provide the best possible service, by ensuring full compliance will the companies policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner.
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas.
- Data input information into the office systems.
- Filing, scanning, typing, faxing and emailing.
- Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents and distribute reports to the business.
- Deal with communications (mostly over the telephone and face to face) with other stakeholders in the business.
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment.
Throughout this role, you will gain extensive knowledge and experience within the working environment which will set you up for a great career upon completion. This will hopefully lead to permanent employment within a Business or Customer service sector or even continue to the next level, undertaking further training.
- Have an Excellent telephone manner.
- Have an outgoing, bubbly, motivated attitude.
- Be a committed, punctual and reliable individual.
The rate for apprentices (or if aged 19, for their first year only) is £3.50 from the 1st April 2017. This is the legal minimum pay per hour. Most receive more; a median basic hourly pay rate of £6.31 for Level 2 and 3, and £9.68 for Level 4 and 5 Higher Apprentices
Requirements and prospects
- You will need good communication skills and to be organised.
- Experience of working/participating in a team environment.
- Written, verbal and listening skills.
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Friendly and outgoing with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally with a wide range of people.
- Warm, caring and approachable.
- Open to change and a team player.
- You will have an interest in Business Administration.
- A good Level of English, Maths, and ICT.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Mathematics, and ICT
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Work based learning
Business and Administration
PARENTA TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Parenta Group
Chloe Patey 0800 0029 242
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017