Apprentice Nursery Assistant Shireland Collegiate Academy
A fantastic opportunity for someone looking to begin their career within Childcare to join the friendly, dedicated team at First Step Nursery. As a Level 2 Apprentice Nursery Assistant you will be responsible for providing high standards of physical, emotional and intellectual care and support for the children in the nursery.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
03 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties and responsibilities:
- Shadowing the existing staff and learning from current work practices you will work as part of the team to implement the daily routine in the rooms, working together as a team supporting each other for the benefit of the children.
- Working as part of the existing knowledgeable and highly experienced nursery practitioner team, the successful candidate will play a key part in delivering a programme of exciting play opportunities and activities suitable to the age range and developmental needs of the children in the room, ensuring sessions motivate their learning and integration within the nursery.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the children are in a caring and stimulating environment that takes into account individual developmental needs and enables children to reach their full potential.
- As well as working in a hands on role with the children in the nursery, you will become responsible for completing all learning journey documentation for your key children and feeding back on their daily experiences to the parents/guardians.
- As part of this role you will also be required to help plan activities, setting up the nursery for the day ahead and tidying up at the end of the day, assisting the children with snack and meal times as well as escorting them on trips outside of the nursery.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills are essential.
- A fun approach.
- A good sense of humour is essential.
- A genuine desire to work in childcare.
- GSCE Grade C or above in English and Maths, or equivalent is desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
Shireland Collegiate Academy
- Level 2 Children and Young Peoples Workforce
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English and Maths
- Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. You will work towards a NVQ qualification. An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study.
- Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week. You will not be required to attend Dudley College - course delivery is at the workplace only.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dudley College of Technology
Julie Perks 01384 363314
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today