Customer Service Support Apprentice TELFORD AND THE WREKIN CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAUX
Apprentice placements are for 16+ years old who will, through appropriate training and development, provide customer service support. You will assist in the provision of a single point of contact for Information, Advice and Advocacy Service
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
10 Nov 2017
29 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The duties of the post are varied and will alter as the apprentice develops in the work environment to reflect the gains in their experience and knowledge.
To assist in the provision of a single point of contact for Information, Advice and Advocacy Service
- To study for a customer service NVQ Level 2 qualification.
- To provide a first point of contact for information, advice and advocacy service
- To provide information for customers/clients
- To make appointments for customers with service partners
- To record all customer contacts in accordance with requirements
- Provide clerical and administrative support as required for the service.
- Use common ‘office’ applications such as word processing, database and spreadsheets programmes. Set up systems, input data and extract appropriate information
- Provide support to members of the team by way of gathering, co-ordinating, collating, photocopying and distributing information as required.
- Communicate face to face, by telephone and email with a range of customers, internal and external, responding to queries as appropriate.
- To comply with customer service standards
- Attend relevant training and retraining courses, team briefs, staff development and general meetings as required
- Deal with customer enquiries and complaints in a courteous and professional manner in accordance with Citizen Advice Telford And the Wrekin customer complaints procedure
- Use and maintain general filing systems, both manual and computerised, to include setting up new files and retrieval as required.
- Be responsible for distributing incoming post each morning within the team.
- Liaise with managers and other staff to set up meetings, etc., as required, to ensure all necessary arrangements are made. This may include ensuring rooms are tidy and arranging furniture and equipment in meeting/training room
- Support other staff/colleagues in efficient running of the service.
- Contribute to providing an efficient, courteous, high quality service
- Any other duties commensurate with the post
Apprentice placements are for 16 plus years old who will, through appropriate training and development, provide customer service support.
A training programme will give a broad understanding and knowledge about the services provided by the team and will enable the individual to gain a range of administrative/customer service skills.
Requirements and prospects
No previous experience is essential, however if you have any previous work experience, interest or activities that involve dealing with customers/people, studying or practical skills relevant to the job description it is useful to note it down on the application form.
- To be organised, accurate and flexible within your working environment.
- To have an understanding and knowledge of confidentiality.
- To be receptive to new ideas and responsive to change.
- To have an awareness of the importance of health & safety issues.
- To have good IT skills using Microsoft Office and bespoke packages for data inputting
- The ability to communicate both verbally and in written formats confidently, clearly and concisely with members of staff, external agencies and the public
- The ability to use a computer.
- The ability to learn quickly
- The ability to be fair and consistent with your working approach
- To be able to operate as part of a team, as well as being able to work on own initiative.
- Have a commitment to achieving your relevant qualification and attend college as and when required.
- Have a willingness to be punctual and flexible within working environment.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of commitment and standards to provide quality of service.
- Be enthusiastic, willing to learn, to work hard and be positive team member.
- Be willing to abide by the Citizens Advice principles and policies.
GCSE Grade A-D in English Language and Maths or equivalent is desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
As part of the apprenticeship the candidate will be working towards a workplace training plan within their organisation as well as working towards the apprenticeship framework components with Telford College. The candidate will achieve the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Customer Service Level 2
- Functional Skills in Maths and English at level 1 or 2 (unless exempt)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
Carol Bailey 01952 6412271 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017