Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship Hellesdon High School
This is a varied role working as part of a Maintenance team responsible for the upkeep of a large High School and 6th Form in the North West area of Norwich.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
27 Nov 2017
02 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a varied role working as part of a maintenance and caretaking team, responsible for the upkeep of a large High School and 6th form serving the North-West fringes of Norwich.
Duties will include:
- Painting and re-decoration of classrooms.
- Offices and general areas.
- Carpentry works including repairing doors and locks.
- Replacing taps, basic plumbing works etc.
- Plastering - small patch repairs, some grounds/garden work.
- Swimming pool maintenance.
- General duties will including assisting with moving furniture, dealing with deliveries, some interior cleaning, keeping the site clear inside and outside and other duties as required.
Requirements and prospects
- Evidence of good practical skills are required.
- This apprenticeship would suit someone who is willing to learn new skills and to study towards an apprenticeship qualification.
- Candidates should be looking to build a career within maintenance/caretaking.
- Well presented and have a mature positive outlook and attitude.
- Be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- GCSE Maths and English grade D or above required or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Diploma in Property Maintenance
- Level 1 and Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- End Point Assessment
Property services > Property Maintenance Operative
CONSTRUCTION TRAINING SPECIALISTS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by CONSTRUCTION TRAINING SPECIALISTS
Helen Gordon 01603480960 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017