Apprentice Care Assistant St Davids Residential Care Home
This role has plenty of opportunity to learn and develop whilst working at St David’s Residential Home in Great Yarmouth. You will be working as part of a team in supporting elderly residents with their daily needs.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Nov 2017
29 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The duties will include:
- Washing and dressing residents and assisting with hearing aids, brushing hair, etc.
- Domestic duties, making beds, washing-up, serving drinks etc.
- Assisting with activities.
- Reading and recording information/facts into care plans.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with other health workers/services/families.
- Supporting residents with their decision making.
- Maintain confidentiality and follow the Data Protection Act.
- The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description.
- The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
Your induction will cover topics such as: Health and safety, Safeguarding, hand hygiene, infection control, COSHH, manual handling.
Requirements and prospects
You will have the following skills:
- Good communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Ability to follow guidance and instructions
- Attention to detail
- A reasonable level of fitness
- Ability to work under pressure
You will need to be:
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Respectful and treat others with dignity
- Able to work as part of a team
- Keen to develop your skills
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Friendly and helpful in manner
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade D or above (or the equivalent) to include English and Maths.
- As part of the pre-employment check process, proof of qualifications will be required.
Things to consider
About the employer
St Davids Residential Care Home
- Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard for Adult Care Worker
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications in English and Maths
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Health and Safety
Adult care > Adult Care Worker
East Coast College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Coast College
Sandra Peck 01493 419891 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017