Commis Chef Apprentice Po boys Ltd TA Taste Incorporated
If you are looking for a career as a Chef this might be the perfect opportunity! Catering Company “Taste Incorporated” in Leicester are looking to recruit a Commis Chef Apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
£135.00 - £150.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
04 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Taste Incorporated are looking to recruit and train a Commis Chef Apprentice to join their kitchen team to help with the preparation and cooking for a wide range of events, from corporate to weddings.
- You will be trained to cook and prepare food as per company requirements.
- You will be trained how to maintain high standards of cleanliness in all of the areas of the kitchen.
- You will be trained in stock management, and all other aspects of running a complex kitchen in a challenging environment.
- All training will be recorded in line with national standards through your apprenticeship with Leicester College.
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion to become a chef and will want to grow and learn all aspects of the industry.
This position will give the top candidate the chance to progress right up the career ladder and we will invest a great deal of time and effort to support the best individual. In the longer term, and for the right person, this may lead to substantial opportunities for the apprentice to progress through within the sector.
Consequently we are looking for a capable and motivated individual who takes a great deal of pride in their work and demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude towards their responsibilities.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills and an ability to work as part of a team.
- Attention to detail
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Confident and eager to learn new skills
- Good interpersonal/communication skills
- Pleasant and welcoming
- Reliable, responsible and honest
- Energetic and highly motivated to succeed
- Ability to use initiative
- No formal qualifications required, however GSCE Grade A*-C in English and Maths (or equivalent) are desirable.
- You will take a Maths and English Assessment prior to selection.
Things to consider
About the employer
The successful candidate will be trained towards the following qualifications:
- Qualification in the Commis Chef standard.
- Certificate in Food Production and Cooking(VRQ).
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics and English.
Hospitality > Commis Chef
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Recruitment Team 0116 2295512 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017