Chef Assistant Apprentice THE LANGTON STONE COMPANY LIMITED
Are you looking for a career as a Chef? The Langton Greenhouse and Garden Centre in East Langton have a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join their kitchen team as a Chef Assistant Apprentice!
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
05 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a member of the kitchen team the successful candidate will learn all aspects of working within a busy kitchen under the supervision of the Head Chef.
- You will be trained in cooking, stock management and other aspects of running a complex kitchen in a challenging environment -this will be recorded in line with national standards through your apprenticeship with Leicester College.
- You will be trained to cook and prepare as per company requirements while maintaining high standards of cleanliness in all of the areas of the kitchen.
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion to become a chef and will want to grow and learn all aspects of the industry.
This position will give the top candidate the chance to progress right up the career ladder and we will invest a great deal of time and effort to support the best individual. In the longer term and for the right person, this may lead to substantial opportunities for the apprentice to progress through within the sector.
Consequently we are looking for a capable and motivated individual who takes a great deal of pride in their work and demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude towards their responsibilities.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills and an ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexibility in terms of tasks undertaken.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Passionate about food.
- Attention to detail.
- Hard working and self-motivated.
- Confident and eager to learn new skills.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills.
- Pleasant and welcoming.
- Reliable, responsible and honest.
- Energetic and highly motivated to succeed.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- No formal qualifications required, however GSCE Grade A- C in English and Maths (or equivalent) are desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
The successful candidate will be trained towards the following qualifications:
- QCF Certificate in Food Production and Cooking(NVQ).
- Certificate in Food Production and Cooking(VRQ).
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics and English.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Recruitment Team 0116 2295512 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017