Kitchen Assistant Apprentice The Vine Trust
Excellent opportunity working for an established restaurant based in the Walsall area, with 25 years’ experience in catering. Our catering facility ranges from our contemporary restaurant, school catering and outside events.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
29 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice to work for a thriving, contemporary cafe within a busy restaurant environment, based in Walsall.
The Apprentice will play an important team role in the day-to-day planning, organisation and smooth running of the food preparation are, to ensure all quality standards are met to meet our customer’s needs.
Duties to include:
- Supporting in the kitchen to help prepare, cook and bake food items
- Receiving and storage of stock
- Helping to maintain standards of personal hygiene, dress and appearance
- Helping to maintain the cleanliness of the working areas and the kitchen
- Washing and drying up
- Shopping for ingredients.
Requirements and prospects
- Candidates must be well organised with good communication skills.
- We require excellent people skills to build up a great rapport with our customers.
- A professional and polite telephone manner is required as well as the ability to work on their own initiative.
- The successful candidate will be a team player who is able to work well under pressure.
- Candidates must be hardworking, reliable and willing to complete any tasks associated with their job role.
- Candidates must have a good attitude to work, with a presentable appearance.
Grade A*-C/4 or above in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Hospitality Team Member standard Level 2
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required
Hospitality > Hospitality Team Member
Performance Through People
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Performance Through People
Lesley Turner 01922 651100 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017