Export Administration Apprentice BS Stainless Ltd
We are looking to appoint an export apprentice to be based at our manufacturing site in Preston. The role will be focused on supporting the exports team with administration during their day-to-day activities.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
27 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The apprentice will follow a structured training programme to help them develop the skills required for this role.
The role offers a learning opportunity on exports processes, logistics, payment terms, shipping routes, etc.
- Supporting export team on day to day activities, which include:
- Export quotes.
- Processing export orders.
- Transport and scheduling.
- Raising quotations, purchase orders and invoices in line with customer order requirements.
- Shipping of orders through Freight Agents, deciding the most appropriate mode of transport, whilst ensuring goods are shipped within their label requirements.
- Allocation of stocks to orders based on customer requirement forecasts.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement to existing work processes.
General administrative duties including filing, scanning and photocopying.
Requirements and prospects
- An ability to learn and apply knowledge is vital to succeed in this role, the candidate will be methodical and organised.
- Good planning and organisational skills and the ability to manage conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Proficient in the use of IT systems. Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work well in a busy environment.
- Commitment to learn and develop.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a group and individually.
GCSE grades A*-C including maths and English (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Apprenticeship Framework to include
- NVQ Technical Certificate
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Before you apply
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017