Catering Apprentice Johnson Matthey (Nominees) Limited
You will prepare fresh ingredients and learn to cook to a high standard. You will also learn to prepare the dining areas at City Office for lunches / buffets / dinners and how to run front of house for those events, with a focus on excellent customer service.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
07 Nov 2017
27 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The apprentice will be learning to carry out the following tasks and duties and will be proficient by the end of the one-year apprenticeship:
- Assisting the Chef Manager in the preparation and cooking of hot and cold food dishes. Will be supported in developing the skills to prepare and cook specific dishes to a high standard.
- Learn about HACCP guidelines and record temperatures within set guidelines.
- Assist with the clear down of the kitchen at the end of each service.
- Assisting the Food Services Assistant in the preparation of all dining and kitchen areas for lunch service / other events. Clearing and cleaning dining areas at the end of service ensuring that they conform to hygiene standards.
- Working with the Food Services Assistant to ensure that service runs smoothly and to a high standard at all times (replenishing food, water, clearing plates etc). Learning to resolve any issues or complaints swiftly, providing feedback to the Chef Manager.
- Completing regular temperature checks of the hot and cold tables during service as directed.
- Assist the Food Services Assistant with the stocking of meeting rooms with water and glasses as well as providing refreshments discreetly at the commencement of meetings and as required and clearing afterwards.
- Coding and recording department invoices.
- Supporting the team whilst other members are absent. e.g. helping temporary staff, assisting with planning menus and ordering food within budget.
- To carry out any other duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Requirements and prospects
- Customer focused – able to promote a professional image.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well organised and able to multi-task.
- Can-do attitude.
- Flexible approach.
- A passion for food.
- High standard of personal hygiene.
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent) as a minimum.
- Experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Food Hygiene Qualification is desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
Johnson Matthey (Nominees) Limited
- Level 2 Commis Chef standard
- Functional skills in: Maths and English level 1
Hospitality > Commis Chef
NEWHAM COLLEGE OF FURTHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newham College of Further Education
Lynn Parsonage 020 8257 4586 Lynn.Parsonage@newham.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017