Sports Coach/Physical Educator Apprentice. PROGRESS SPORTS LIMITED
We are looking for candidates to complete a 1 year or 2 year sports apprenticeship. PRIMARY & HIGH SCHOOL PLACEMENT: Level 2 Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership or Level 3 Apprenticeship in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Feb 2018
27 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Apprentice will be required to deliver breakfast clubs, break/lunch-time activities, cover teacher PPA time and deliver after-school clubs.
- If placed in a gym/leisure centre, you may also be expected to work weekends, with potential weekdays being your day off in return.
- Support will also be required with reading and writing tasks with the children in a school placement.
- Stock checks, equipment request forms, session planning, player/group observations, coaching logs, team evaluation forms. Plus more tasks
Requirements and prospects
- Effective communication
- Interpersonal abilities
- Problem solving/creativity
- Teamwork skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Time Management skills
- Motivated to learn, on and off the job
- Organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Coaching skills
- Decision making skills
- Goal setting
- Meeting deadlines
- Reading and researching
- Minimum of 5 GSCE grades A - D ( or equivalent )
- GCSE MATHS GRADE C OR ABOVE
- GCSE ENGLISH GRADE C OR ABOVE
- Level 1 + NGBs (not essential but will help)
- Coaching experience (essential)
- DBS (not essential as can be completed during induction week)
Things to consider
About the employer
School could possibly offer extra training to the apprentice during the academic year, to coninside with what we will also deliver to the apprentice. The apprentice will be expected to complete independent learning on the qualification. You will be given PPA time within your school placement to complete qualiifcation work, but will also be expected to do this in your own time too. The assessor (from Progress Sports) will provide training on practical/theory elements of the course and complete monthly reviews to monitor your performance both on placement and with qualification work. You will also be expected to attend the head office during half term and summer holidays to be provided with extra support around your qualification.
The Qualifications you will study dependant upon prior level of learning;
- Level 2 NVQ in Activity Leadership
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport
- Technical Certificate
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by PROGRESS SPORTS LIMITED
Chris bates 07881435033 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017