Apprentice Chef NICO'S KITCHEN LTD
Exciting apprenticeship opportunity for someone with a passion for cooking and ethical, sustainable food to join our small, creative team.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
12 Nov 2017
25 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Currently trading as Nico's Kitchen (soon to be Temperance Bar & Restaurant) - you would be joining at an extremely exciting stage in the business’s development.
We are about to undergo a total re-brand. Our restaurant and bar is an intimate, trendy venue in St Leonard's on Sea, and our modern menu is based entirely around local, ethical produce and sustainability. The menu is mostly pescatarian so a knowledge of vegetarian cooking and also fish and seafood is essential. The position would require someone capable of creating a modern, upmarket, innovative, creative menu that changes on a weekly basis if not more often.
You will be working closely with the business owner and duties will include:
- Assisting with writing and developing menus
- Sourcing and ordering produce
- Stock taking
- Selecting and collecting fish and other fresh produce from local markets
- Cooking attractive and inviting pescatarian and vegetarian food and helping to prepare our home-made starters, main courses and desserts
- The preparation of fish – you will learn how to fillet fish
- Maintaining the food hygiene and health and safety standards required in the kitchen, e.g. learning how to store food correctly, carrying out fridge and freezer temperature checks
- Assisting in keeping the kitchen clean and tidy
Applicants should be able to show initiative, flair and be a team player.
Sussex Coast College Hastings are the Training Provider for this Apprenticeship.
Full training will be given.
Requirements and prospects
You should have:
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to be able to work under pressure and follow instructions.
- Good time keeping
- The ability to use your initiative
- A flair for cooking and learning the skills required
You should be:
- Willing to learn
- Interested in cooking
GCSE English & Maths grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications) desirable
Things to consider
About the employer
Sussex Coast College Hastings will provide the apprenticeship framework which will include NVQ/Diploma, Functional Skills, Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR), Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS).
Sussex Coast College Hastings will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity.
Catering and Professional Chefs
SUSSEX COAST COLLEGE HASTINGS
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sussex Coast College Hastings
Gill Ramsay 01424 458560 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017