Apprentice Software Development Technician WM REPLY LIMITED
WM Reply, a Microsoft Gold Partner, are a leading SharePoint development consultancy based in Chester and London. Our growing development team in Chester are hiring for a new apprentice, joining a team of 4, one of whom has just completed their apprenticeship with WM.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
27 Nov 2017
26 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
WM’s apprenticeship will offer you the opportunity to get hands on with technology from week 1, we use a diverse range of Microsoft technologies and we’ll scale up your knowledge as you progress through the apprenticeship. Our key focus is around web development technologies which mirrors the latest developments in Microsoft’s vision for SharePoint, however we’ll also make sure you’re given the opportunity to touch on skills that relate to infrastructure, consulting and project management if these areas also interest you.
All of our work is on a project basis so you’ll always have a supportive team to guide and inspire you – including a Project Manager, Consultants, Senior Developers and Change Consultants. We’ll make sure you’re given the chance to give feedback regularly on how your learning is progressing and where possible we’ll make sure your project tasks compliment your learning objectives.
Things you’ll be doing (not all from day 1) include:
- Applying branding using HTML and CSS
- CSS styling on intranets and web applications and SharePoint
- Working in a development team and completing small tasks as directed by lead developer
- After 6-12 months – managing your own simple projects, planning development tasks and fitting everything together
- Using XML/XSLT for coding web parts
- Learning and applying the new SharePoint framework – SPFX
- Functional and technical testing
- Using Basecamp and TFS to track development tasks
- Attending daily stand-ups to keep project managers informed of daily process
- Assisting with demos of progress to the client
- Options to work with the client and test team on client site
- Providing estimates of effort to allow for effective project costing
- Options to help with consultancy tasks like creating wireframes and attending requirements workshops.
Requirements and prospects
- Technology enthusiast
- Confident user of computers
- Ambition and application in learning
- Proven interest in software development as a career choice (show us something you’ve created!)
- Smart and quick to pick up new concepts
Good academic background (GCSEs and A levels grade A-C) or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Ofqual regulated Knowledge Modules / Vendor or professional qualifications
- Knowledge Module 1: Software Development Context and Methodologies (for level 3 Software Development Technician)
- Knowledge Module 2: Programming (for level 3 Software Development Technician
- Level 2 English and Maths will need to be achieved, if not already prior to the end point assessment
- 80% on site / 20% off site
- Attend college 1 day a week
- Microsoft MTA training days as required
- Project work to be complete
Digital Industries > Software Development Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Risual Ltd
Richard Yardy 07961607887 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2017