Apprentice Nursery Assistant Cherubs Kindergarten
A hardworking and enthusiastic Nursery Assistant is required at a family run children’s nursery in Horsforth, close to the Leeds City Centre. This is an excellent opportunity for any individual interested in starting a career in Childcare.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
06 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be provided with the chance to “earn and learn” in a privately owned childcare provider in Horsforth, Leeds. You will be given the opportunity to gain and develop new skills and experiences, whilst working towards a Level 2 qualification in Childcare: Intermediate Apprenticeship in the Children and Young People’s Workforce.
Duties will include:
- To work with babies and young children
- To work towards and achieve qualifications in childcare
- To be a part of a team and support other staff
- Assist on trips and activities
- Assess children’s development
- Supervise sleep times
- To ensure that the provision of childcare meets the needs of the individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development
- To promote and work to Health and Safety standards and upkeep hygiene and cleanliness standards at all times
- To provide and promote a high standard of childcare.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team. You need to show the ability to develop excellent communication and relationships with children, parents and colleagues.
- You must be well presented and reliable.
Maths and English GCSE graded C or above (or equivalent) would be an advantage.
About the employer
Apprenticeships are delivered in the workplace. You will be allocated a personal Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator and will have access to our online study area where you will find all your assessment materials.
Your Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator will provide you with personal tutorial support and assessment at pre-arranged times.
Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence and professional discussions. All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio.
- Intermediate apprenticeship for the Children and Young People’s Workforce.
- Functional Skills Level 1 and 2 in maths, English and ICT
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities are delivered via a workbook and completed in the workplace.
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills are embedded in the main qualification.
Children and Young People's Workforce
FW SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FW Solutions Limited
Rebecca Warden 01423536672 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017