Pre-School Apprentice Little Acorns
Working in a busy day nursery, working as part of a team, learning the skills needed to care for children for children from birth to 5 years. Practical experience provided. Mentor given. Support with coursework.
Closing date: 20 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
21 Nov 2017
22 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for an apprentice to work in our busy baby room.
The successful candidate must:
• Be patient and able to work as part of a team.
• Support babies with their individual needs
• Feed babies and support staff in weaning
• Support staff with activities to help babies learning and development
• Build relationships with parents and other visitors to the nursery
• Support the staff with relevant paperwork i.e. accident forms, medical forms, planning and individual care routines.
• Help keep the nursery clean and hygienic
• Be a positive role model ensuring that they uphold the nurseries good name
• Adhere to our policies and procedure particularly in regards to safeguarding children, confidentiality and health and safety.
• Any other duties deemed appropriate for the role as they arise
Requirements and prospects
- Able to use their own initiative, as well as work cooperatively as part of a team.
- Able to plan and keep accurate records for a small group of children.
- Punctual and reliable
- Flexible and highly motivated
- Have a passion for working with children.
GCSE Maths/English A-C or equivalent is desirable but not essential.
About the employer
Our nurseries cater for 130 children across two facilities a day. Children are supported by dedicated, highly trained and committed staff, many of whom are parents themselves. This, combined with an outstanding Ofsted reports and a reputation for fun, excellence and warmth, has helped build an environment which allows children to develop in a deeply caring environment.
The successful candidate will embark on theLevel 2 Childrens and Young People's Workforce qualification or the Level 3 Early Years Educator which will be delivered through observations in the work-place and ongoing assignments. Alongside this you will complete Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT if necessary.
Children and Young People's Workforce
FNTC TRAINING AND CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FNTC Training & Consultancy
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Nov 2017