Business Administrator Apprentice MV Kelly Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity for a school/college leaver looking to gain valuable work experience whilst completing a business administration apprenticeship, within an office environment and has an ambition to eventually train as a Quality Surveyor.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
£12,000.00 - £15,000.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
22 Oct 2017
25 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for a bright, confident and thorough individual to join our fast paced and growing Company as a Business Administration Apprentice. Your role will be to provide essential administrative support to our Commercial team and other office duties as required. As part of the apprenticeship you will also complete a relevant business qualification and competency qualification at the appropriate level, in your own time. Following this there is potential to train as a Quantity Surveyor.
M.V. Kelly Ltd are the UK’s largest Civil Engineering and Building Contractor specialising in Infrastructure and Groundworks. Our success, no doubt is owed to our strong core values maintained from the companies family origins in 1995, in addition to a consistency in a dedicated and elite workforce. We continue to grow rapidly thanks to our sterling reputation within the industry.
We are an innovative, dynamic and passionate business, who understands that the key to a successful business is successful people; therefore we recruit the best, and offer and encourage development and training along with high rewards. The right people can make a real difference; it is this attitude that has got us to where we are today. The opportunities to develop and progress within the Company are limitless for dedicated and successful employees and we promise to help people reach their full potential, through guided and structured personal development plans. Speed of progression is according to rate of development and success; nothing will hold you back at M.V. Kelly.
This is an exciting opportunity for a school/college leaver looking to gain valuable work experience within an office environment that has an ambition to eventually train as a Quantity Surveyor. You will have the motivation to grow and progress within a reputable and growing Construction company, and to become a key asset to the smooth and successful running of our Oxford Commercial team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
As an Administrator you will be responsible for controlling the numbering, filing, sorting and retrieval of electronically stored or hard copy documentation produced by technical teams, projects or departments in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. You will also be responsible for providing general office admin support. Details are as follows:
- Assist the Commercial team with document management ensuring systems and procedures are established and followed
- Ensure documents are managed accurately in a timely manner
- Assisting the flow of information between clients and the relevant teams within the business
- Coordinating document control, ensuring accurate electronic and hard copy filing
- Efficient communication with the commercial team regarding any drawing or documents
- Ensure smooth running of the office, including procuring all office equipment and providing any admin support where necessary
- Any ad hoc duties required by the Directors or the team
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate an extremely high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organisational skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Meticulous and methodical
- Works with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise
- Team player
- Highly motivated
- Confident, accommodating and friendly person
- At least 8 GCSE’s A*-C and 3 A-C A Levels or equivalent is desirable (minimum of 8)
- Computer literate and competent in all Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Key skills/Functional skills
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Oxford College
Jenny Hyam 07717 315 815 Jenny.Hyam@activateapprenticeships.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017