Apprentice Dental Nurse Bensham Dental Practice
Bensham Dental Practice are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as a Trainee Dental Nurse. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
26 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Set-up and prepare the surgery for the type of patient and treatment planned before the start of each session
- Undertake necessary start up and end of day tests, keeping all necessary recordings in accordance with HTM 01-05 guidelines
- Prepare the necessary materials and instruments
- Provide clinical assistance to the dentists/therapist while treating the patient, under his/her supervision efficient
- Chart and update patients records on the computer as necessary, and assist the dentists or therapist in the completion of records
- Clean and sterilise all equipment/instruments and working surfaces to the required standards at the end of each session, including the sterilising room
- Follow all practice policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Pleasant and competent telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good IT and typing skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to learn and teach new systems/equipment
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as individually
- Maintain high standard of work at all times
- Ability to follow instructions accurately
- Ability to adhere to and apply strict rules of confidentiality
- To be flexible and a genuine willingness to undertake any tasks which could reasonably be expected of someone in this capacity
- Detail oriented
- Be able to understand and follow direction Organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Good time keeping
- Able to work individually and part of a team
- Caring attitude.
The right candidate should have GCSEs at grades C or above in English Language and Maths or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 qualification in Dental Nursing
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Dental health > Dental Nurse
Northern Skills Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017