Apprentice Commis Chef Corpus Christi College
To assist the Executive Head Chef and team in all preparation and service of food. Ensure that the highest standards are maintained at all times.
Closing date: today
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
21 Oct 2017
22 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a great opportunity for any candidate looking to start their career as a chef. You will have a passion for food, be willing to learn and not be afraid of hard work. Please make it clear within your application that you are passionate about food and are hungry for this opportunity.
Typical duties to include:
- Working as part of a team.
- Learn all aspects of the kitchen, including documentation.
- Learn different methods of cooking.
- Basic food preparation.
- Implementing food safety procedures.
- Maintaining and cleaning the kitchen.
You will be required to work 30hrs per week in this role and your shifts will include evenings and weekends. Please consider this commitment before applying. During busy periods, you may be require to work up to 40hrs a week. If this is the case, you will be paid for all hours worked.
Shifts will be allocated on a rota basis and can be discussed with each candidate at interview.
Please ensure you are able to commute to the site. If using public transport, please access the following link to see what methods of transport are available to you: http://www.travelineeastanglia.co.uk/
Requirements and prospects
• Good communication skills - Both written and verbal.
• Basic Maths.
• Good team player.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Smart and presentable.
- Friendly and Reliable.
- No formal qualifications required.
Things to consider
About the employer
Corpus Christi College
- The successful candidate will receive full training in the kitchen, learning all aspects of the role including food safety, health and safety, basic food preparation and cooking techniques.
- In addition, the candidate will be working towards a Kitchen based Apprenticeship which includes an NVQ level 2, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills Maths and English at Level 1.
Catering and Professional Chefs
HIT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HIT Training Ltd
Natalie Wood 07814 910799 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today