Administrative Apprentice Regal Chambers Surgery
A great opportunity to join this team and gain vital experience and work towards a level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
26 Oct 2017
22 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Filing and extracting paper based medical records as requested
- Using office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine, scanner and laminator
- Assisting the admin, secretarial and reception team with any administrative duties
- Opening and distributing of post. Organising outgoing post, assembling items for the courier and franking/posting mail
- Register new and temporary patients
- Entering patients’ change of details, checking and amending medical records as appropriate
- Undertaking reception duties including making appointments for patients both face to face and on the telephone.
Requirements and prospects
- A good level of English spelling and grammar
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An organised approach and excellent time management skills
- Experience of working with the public
- Good communication skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Good team player
- Punctual and reliable
- Helpful and flexible
- Sensitive and compassionate
- A-C in Maths, English and ICT or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
The practice is fully computerised and uses a clinical system called SystmOne for all clinical data entry. Non clinical staff use the system to make appointments, invite patients to attend specialist clinics i.e. patients with asthma, diabetes etc, scanning documents into patient records and referral letters. The system also allows us to text patients regarding appointments and follow ups.
We are a teaching and training practice and we are therefore keen to employ an apprentice to build and nurture the successful applicant’s administrative skills, knowledge and confidence in the workplace.
Knowledge and Competence-based component:
- This provides the Apprentice with the knowledge and understanding that underpins the competence an individual is required to perform in their job role as well as demonstrate an individual’s competence to perform the job roles to industry standards.
- The qualification is made up of a number of mandatory units together with a range of optional units to give the qualification sufficient breadth to cover the variations which exist in the industry: NVQ Level 3 Business and Administration.
- There may be relaxations for individuals who have achieved a GCSE grades A* to C in English and/or maths.
- Those students without a GCSE A* to C will be supported, at College, with the development of these skills and to achieve their Key Skills or Functional Skills certificates.
Business and Administration
NORTH HERTFORDSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Hertfordshire College
Sarah Brignull firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017