Apprentice Network Support Agent Invoco Ltd
We are currently recruiting for a busy leading-edge telecoms company in Bromsgrove. The company provides Hosted Telephony and Voice over IP solutions for business. Whilst the company is small it covers a wide range of telecom technologies offering potential candidates huge growth and learning opportunities in many different disciplines.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
21 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Reporting to the Senior Network Engineer your duties will include:
- Responsibility for monitoring the support inbox and reply to clients within 30 minutes
- Handle telephone calls and emails from clients and create support incidents as needed
- Provide 1st line support to clients – via telephone, email and remote working
- Provide onsite support to clients
- Help to develop guides to help with training
- Identify areas for improvement within support to improve service delivery to clients
- Strive to improve communication both internally and with clients
- Additional duties as deemed appropriate to the role and business needs
Part of this role includes the requirement to maintain excellent relations with the customer and other resolver groups, guiding and aiding effective incident resolutions, maintaining a knowledge base of known errors and resolutions. As the first line of contact with customers you must maintain a professional and corporate image of the company at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above to include maths and a science or technical subject
- Must be able to demonstrate good problem solving skills
- Excellent telephone manner & customer facing skills
- Organisational skills to follow procedures and complete tasks within given time frames using incident management tools
- Ability to communicate technical information to the user estate with a genuine desire to assist the customer
- Enthusiasm to learn and progress
- Be motivated to achieve outstanding levels of customer service in a team environment
- Computer literate
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Worcester for 30 days of training across five months featuring structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard – Infrastructure Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017