Apprentice Nursery Assistant - Level 3 Cricket Montessori School (lower Rd)
Reach4Skills have a vacancy for an Early Years Apprentice to study Level 3 Early Years qualification. A strong passion for working with children is an absolute must with some childcare experience preferred.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
27 Oct 2017
21 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
A job working with children is primarily a fun one. You will be helping children learn through play and you could be organising group activities or working with a child on a one-to-one basis.
Working with children provides constant challenges, personally and professionally. You could be planning a curriculum, a day trip or working with parents – the job will vary from day to day.
The role will include:
- Undertaking training to obtain recognised qualifications, including completing assignments on time.
- To attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas.
- Under supervision to provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding.
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of children.
- To provide adult interaction with children in the setting.
- To be aware of the settings confidentiality policy.
Requirements and prospects
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Able to work in small teams.
- Enthusiasm for working with children.
- An interest in the care, learning and development of young children.
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities.
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths & English language or equivalents are preffered but not essential.
- Some experience working with children would be ideal.
- A positive approach to completing relevant short courses and qualifications.
- Some understanding of the importance of Health and safety and Food Hygiene in the workplace.
About the employer
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship
The CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Practitioners enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5-7 years.
The training is delivered via a blended learning approach
including on-line assessments, practical observations and workshops.
The training is work-based with no day release to college. An Assessor is allocated to each learner and will visit you at the setting. In addition to the Assessor the Apprentice will have access to a mentor based at the nursery setting. Candidates will need to have access to a computer and internet connection as an on-line portfolio is used for training and assessment.
During the initial stages of the Apprenticeship a skills scan will be completed for Maths, English and ICT to assess current working levels and areas which require improvement.
Continued learning and assessment will result in the creation of a comprehensive portfolio consisting of observations, discussion reports and statements. The Assessor will work with, and guide the Apprentice through this learning journey.
Along with the Assessor observations, the Apprentice will be required to regularly complete independent on-line work and submit it for marking. At any point during the Apprenticeship the Apprentice will be able to view their progress and see the percentage of work completed/outstanding.
Throughout the training, each portfolio will be quality checked to ensure consistency of marking. This is necessary to keep the standards and quality of the training at the highest level.
At the end of the qualification the Apprentice will be issued with a certificate. There will also be the opportunity to discuss possible progression routes.
Children and Young People's Workforce
REACH4SKILLS TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by REACH4SKILLS TRAINING LTD
Joe Pendlebury 0333 577 1531 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2017