Customer Service Apprenticeship Peter Milburn Chemist
You will complete a Medicine Counter Assistant Course. This covers the classification of medicines, the use of WWHAM questions, handling prescriptions, abuse and misuse of medicines, referral to the pharmacist and product knowledge.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
27 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The course covers a wide range of symptoms and complaints encountered by the medicine counter assistant and will help you to develop confidence at the medicine counter and improve product knowledge.
The role will involve:
- Providing an excellent customer service
- Provide a standard of service that reflects the company corporate image
- Ensure customers are attended to with an efficient and courteous service
- First point of contact as a chemist counter assistant
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all enquiries
- General clerical duties
- Answering telephone
- Serving customers
- Cash handling and using till
- Serving and assisting customers
- Deal with deliveries and orders
- Stock control and stocktaking
- Deal with enquiries in the shop and via the telephone.
- Learning product lines
- Pricing of stock
- Estimating, pricing and follow up of quotes
- Tidying and keeping shop and work areas clean
Requirements and prospects
- Good time keeping
- Using initiative
- Good communication skills
- Willing to be flexible with working hours
- Committed, honest, reliable and willing to learn new skills
- Good ability to work in a team and independently
- Must be interested in Medicine
- GCSE grade A*-C in Maths and English (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
Peter Milburn Chemist
- QCF Level 2 in Customer Service
- Functional Skills
- Technical Certificate
ITEC NORTH EAST LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ITEC North East Ltd
Laura Mcmaster 01325328443 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017