Apprentice Flower Shop Assistant, Kirkby in Ashfield Kayley Day
Customer service, beautiful window displays and specialist gift service are all parts of the role available at this independent florist. If this is for you, apply today!
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Nov 2017
21 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
There is always something to do in this small but busy establishment. From cleaning and merchandising, to ribbon duties on displays and bouquets.
- You will learn to create beautiful window displays and understand when they need to be changed to attract new business or at the change of a season.
- You will speak with customers by telephone, via social media and face to face finding out about their needs.
- You will be encouraged to help upsell wherever you can.
- You will learn about costs, pricing, special orders and merchandising as well as being part of the delivery of exceptional customer service at all times.
- You will understand how to monitor stock and ensure that you have enough stock available at various times of the year.
- You will understand the stock that you have available and the services that you can provide.
- You will learn how to protect the reputation of the business and how it can be affected.
- You will learn how to use technology to complete tasks such as customer payments, social media to highlight the services and products of the business.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Confidence with meeting and speaking to new people and conversing with ease.
- Genuine interest in the sector.
- Time management skills.
- Organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Smart professional appearance.
- GCSE grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English - 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4.
Things to consider
About the employer
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191, extension 8799.
Retail > Retailer
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
leoni Hirst 01623627191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017