College Administration Apprentice South Tyneside College
South Tyneside College require an apprentice to join their team of School Administrators to provide a service to students, parents and all customers.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Nov 2017
25 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will work in the college's School Admin. Department and duties will include;
- Using a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel etc., to produce correspondence and documents
- Use the college's enrolment software EBS to provide student timetables
- Provide admin support to teaching staff
- Purchase orders using the college's eBis system
- Support with College open evenings and events
- Maintain accurate records, spreadsheets and databases
- Deal with routine telephone calls from colleagues, parents and external customers
- Liaising with staff in other departments, students, parents, and external agencies
- Organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information
- Photocopying and printing various documents
- Provide a reception service to existing and new learners
- Any other duties appropriate to the apprenticeship role
Requirements and prospects
- Effective speaking and listening communication skills
- Able to use own initiative
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- ICT skills
- Keen to learn
- Professional and discreet at all times
- The ability to communicate with staff, students, parents and any other customers confidently
- GCSE or the equivalent in English, Maths and ICT at Grade A-C are desirable, however, all applications will be considered.
Things to consider
About the employer
- You will work towards Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration which is a combined qualification.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT depending on prior qualifications.
- Employee rights and responsibilities and Personal learning and thinking skills.
Business and Administration
SOUTH TYNESIDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Tyneside College
Milli Crawford 0191 427 3696 M.Crawford@stc.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017