Apprentice Nursery Nurse - Barnabas House Private Nursery Barnabas House Private Nursery
An exciting opportunity to join Barnabas House Private Nursery as an apprentice Nursery Nurse. The nursery will offer fully supported training with a offer of full time employment on completion of qualification.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 41.25
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
28 Oct 2017
20 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- You will be working in the setting dealing with a variety of children – from babies and toddlers to 3 and 4 year olds.
- You will be trained to a high standard in all duties required of you involving keeping the children safe and enhancing their learning/play.
- You will be supported throughout your training and treated as a valuable member of staff.
- Ensuring safety of children at all times.
- Supporting development through play.
- Preparing and feeding children.
- Keeping the nursery clean.
- The role will include working as part of a team.
- Learning how to plan and resource children's activities.
- Understanding and implementing the EYFS, observing and recording children's achievements.
We operate a Equal Opportunities Policy.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children there for the successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check.
Requirements and prospects
- Willing to work in a team or use their initiative.
- Follow instruction.
- Have a genuine interest in working with children and planning to meet their individual needs to ensure that each child reaches their full potential.
- Able to converse with children and adults.
- Clean, tidy, reliable, punctual and honest.
- GCSE English (or equivalent) A*-C desirable but not essential.
About the employer
Barnabas House Private Nursery
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Functional Skills English L1 (unless exemptions apply)
- Functional Skills Maths L1 (unless exemptions apply)
Children and Young People's Workforce
PROGRESS TO EXCELLENCE LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Progress To Excellence Ltd
Angela Fox 0151 650 6933 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017