Nursery Nurse Advanced Apprenticeship Audlen House Day Nursery
Rewarding opportunity with Audlen House Nursery for a Level 2 qualified Nursery Nurse to further develop their career. You’ll gain invaluable experience with the full support of the team to attain a Level 3 Diploma in Childcare. Successful candidates will need strong communication skills and be able to engage effectively with children and adults.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 43.75
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
20 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Audlen House Day Nursery provides an engaging environment in which the babies and children are happy, cared for and given a wide range of activities suited to their individual developmental stages and needs.
The nursery is located very close to Thatcham train Station and is set in a large detached property with an extensive, well equipped all-weather garden.
This opportunity would suit a committed and enthusiastic individual with strong communication skills and a natural ability to engage with children.
As an apprentice, you will complete the training with us on-site at the nursery, as well as attending Newbury College as required.
Main duties will include:
- Maintain a high standard of childcare in relation to the total care of individual children.
- A key person to a group of children writing observations.
- Assist the team to provide appropriate learning and development opportunities, enabling children to develop to their full potential.
- To understand and adhere at all times to the nursery policies and procedures.
- To contribute to a stimulating environment for children through, play, structured activities and learning themes.
- To be aware of Health and Safety Policies, and ensure that appropriate standard of security and hygiene are maintained at all times within the nursery.
- To assist in the day-to-day domestic management of the nursery.
- To carry out any other duties for the efficient running of the nursery.
- To commit to the training and actively progress through the course.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to adapt to the needs of children
- Previous experience of working with children
- Strong communicator with staff and children
- Good time keeping
- Team player
- Good presentation
- Fun friendly personality
- 5 GCSE’s at grade 4/C or above incl. English and Maths
- Level 2 Childcare qualification is essential
Things to consider
About the employer
On-the-job training will be provided to achieve all aspects of the role requirements. On-going support will be offered by the Line Manager and Newbury College Assessor to achieve the Apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship will include;
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma Early Years Educator (EYE)
- Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT (All Level 2)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Candidates are required to carry out a Longitudinal Study as part of their qualification. This is based on two children of different age ranges over a set period of time.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newbury College
Business Team, Newbury College 01635 845229 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017