Health and Social Care Apprenticeship CARING HEART AND HANDS LTD
***Exciting Health and Social Care Apprenticeship available in Leeds***
Closing date: 16 Dec 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Dec 2017
19 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An exciting opportunity has arisen at a care home based in Leeds. They give a personal care service specifically suited for less-abled individuals. There is service provided in the home to help clients remain independent whilst preserving dignity. They are looking for a Community Health and Social Care Apprentice to join their amazing team. You will deliver care to service users as directed by the service user plan for that individual, reporting any changes or concerns to the Supervisor in charge or other nominated staff.
For the right candidate, some of your daily duties will include the following:
- Report both verbally and in writing on service users’ general condition and well being.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for service users and staff.
- Assist nurses in maintaining records and care plans on each shift (where nurses are employed).
- Make beds and use pressure care aids as directed.
- Assist in the collection of specimens and samples.
- Act as chaperon for medical and professional staff as may be required.
- Assist service users in maintaining their personal hygiene, dressing and going to bed.
- Report accidents and incidents to the senior member of staff on duty.
- Assist in the care of service users through the delivery of individual planned care programmes.
- Promote independence and dignity of service users
- Assist in enabling service users to live their chosen lifestyle.
- Talk to and listen to service users.
- Participate in social activities directed at benefiting service users’ quality of life.
- Report complaints directly to the supervisor in charge as soon as they are made.
- Undertake such in house and external training which is appropriate to your role and has been identified through a training needs appraisal.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- Work within the policies, procedures and guidelines of the Quality Management System.
- Any other such duties as may be from time to time required to ensure the safe running of the service and delivery of appropriate care to service users
- To comply with all Caring Heart and Hands Ltd Policies and Procedures.
Does this sound like the perfect career path for you? If so, please apply today and someone will be in touch.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills and people skills.
- Willing to work
- Motivated and wanting to progress into a full time position
- A*-C or equivalent in maths & English
Things to consider
About the employer
CARING HEART AND HANDS LTD
- BTEC Level 2 Health and Social Care Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills
- ERR workbook and training delivered on site
Health and Social Care
LIFESKILLS SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LifeSkills Solutions
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 16 Dec 2017