Apprentice Commis Chef 68 Cafe
This is a great opportunity to join a busy café based on the A68 in Toft Hill. You will be taught all the basics of working in a busy kitchen including food prep, cooking, basic food hygiene and keeping a clean and tidy kitchen.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2017
19 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a great opportunity to work with chefs who are passionate about their food at a restaurant specialising in high quality food.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to learn about cookery, products, methods and techniques. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in all areas of the kitchen.
During your apprenticeship you will learn how kitchen teams work together.
Your main role and responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance of a safe, hygenic and secure working environment.
- Control food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food.
- Building relationships within a team.
- Gaining confidence to work in a professional environment.
- Complete kitchen documents easily.
- Prepare, cook and serve basic dishes both hot and cold.
- Help set up and close sections.
- Basic food preparation.
- Follow company food safety policy.
- Improve knowledge and techniques.
The apprenticeship will include working on a number of different sections.
Requirements and prospects
- Effective communication skills.
- Good people skills.
- Good hygiene skills.
- A desire to become a professional chef.
- Someone who enjoys cooking.
- Good work ethic.
- Keenness to learn and work.
- Good time keeper.
- GCSE Maths and English at grades D/3 or above or the equivalent Level 1 qualifications.
About the employer
On the job training to be provided by the employer.
Bishop Auckland College will provide training and support, working with the employer to help provide the NVQ/Diploma or equivalent qualifications alongside functional skills in English, Mathematics and ICT (if required). Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) and Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) will also be delivered.
You may be required to attend Bishop Auckland College for day release, should the programme demand it.
Hospitality > Commis Chef
BISHOP AUCKLAND COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bishop Auckland College
David Brough 01388 743164 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017