Early Years Apprentice EDWARDS MONTESSORI DAYCARE NURSERY LIMITED
To support the aims and objectives of the nursery and to follow the nursery’s policies at all times. To provide high standards of childcare and education. This includes providing a safe, caring environment to enable the physical, emotional, social and educational development of children, through both individual attention and group activities.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
18 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties will include the following:
- To meet the aims and objectives of the nursery as set out in the nursery prospectus, policies and procedures and as communicated by the Nursery Management.
- To promote the high standards of the nursery at all times to parents, staff and visitors.
- To ensure the provision of high standards of physical and emotional care.
- To be fully conversant and compliant with all nursery policies and procedures particularly the fire drill and the medication procedures.
- To work towards meeting the aims and objectives the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
- To keep up to date informative records for key children and to make these available for parents.
- To plan suitable and stimulating activities, allowing for child led play and adapting schedules appropriately as circumstances demand.
- Assist the manager with the efficient upkeep of the building and maintenance/stock of equipment, furnishings and fittings as well as ensuring the security of the building and equipment.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of resources and ensure resources are used appropriately.
- To meet the Health and Safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children and ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times. This includes maintaining a secure environment by keeping all outside gates locked, the main entrance door shut and strictly adhering to the nursery’s admittance policy.
- To keep room base, common areas and equipment clean.
- Perform cleaning and washing duties as required.
Requirements and prospects
- New ideas.
- Customer service.
- Ability to promote positive behaviour.
- Good observation skills.
- Good time keeping.
- Passionate about working with children.
- Good initiative.
- Caring and gentle manner.
- GCSE grades A-D in English and Maths (or equivalent).
- A-C GCSE in ICT is desirable but not essential (or equvialent).
About the employer
EDWARDS MONTESSORI DAYCARE NURSERY LIMITED
Training will be provided by Riverside Training and you will train towards the following qualifications:
- Cache Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young Peoples Workforce.
- Cache Level 2 Employment and Rights in Responsiblities.
- Funcrional Skills as required.
- First Aid training.
Children and Young People's Workforce
RIVERSIDE TRAINING (SPALDING) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Riverside Training
Sue Bulbeck 01775 710945 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017