IT Service Desk Apprentice Northgate Vehicle Sales Ltd
Do you want to work for one of the biggest vehicle hire companies in the country? Fantastic opportunity to join a busy IT Department as an IT Service Desk Apprentice. Don’t delay Apply today!
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
6 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Responsible for resolving user support issues and the completion of requests to the service desk.
- Provide support to junior Service Desk, IT Operations and Infrastructure personnel.
- Customer focused role with regular communication to a wide IT audience both internal and external.
- Excellent customer service skills desired.
- High level of customer service across telephone support, email communication and in person.
- Basic knowledge and interest in IT required.
- 35 hours a week. Working hours between 07:30 and 18:00 Monday to Friday and occasional weekend work from 08:00 to 16:00. Some travel and overnight stay may be required, overtime and time or time in lieu will be discussed.
- Responsible for resolution and management of Incidents or Requests made via the IT Service Desk. This is done by calls, emails, walk-in visits and site visits.
- Provide a single point of contact for vendors and suppliers in relation to Incidents and Requests.
- Establish and maintain familiarity with in-house systems and IT infrastructure.
- Escalate incidents where necessary, acting as central point of contact between support teams.
- Participate in team projects that enhance quality and efficiency of IT Support. As well as having availability for ad-hoc site visits which may include overnight stays.
- Provide administration tasks relating to Incidents and Requests including Active Directory and Exchange
- Adhere to process and correctly utilise Service Management tool sets
- Build, and manage the provision of Desktop and Laptop PC’s to the business.
- Maintenance and administration of other hardware such as phones, workshop terminals and tablets.
- Assist with other parts of the IT department, learning new skill sets and assisting with some tasks.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent Communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Numeracy, literacy and spreadsheet skills.
- Strong team player.
- Flexible and willing to learn.
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Previous telephone support.
- Understanding of technology.
- Positive Attitude.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
Things to consider
About the employer
Northgate Vehicle Sales Ltd
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in middlesbrough for 30 days of training across five months featuring structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard – Infrastructure Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
- Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS).
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017