Apprentice Nursery Assistant Playbase Nursery
As an apprentice at Playbase nursery, you would be expected to be able to work as part of a close team. We have three working rooms (babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers). You would be expected to work in a mixture of these rooms as and when required so you must want to work with these age groups. A happy, smiley, friendly face always helps too!
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
15 Sep 2017
Higher Level Apprenticeship
The vacancy is for an apprentice Nursery Practitioner. Your role will involve getting to know all the staff and children. Being able to work as part of a team is also required. You must be confident working with small children and you must enjoy working with children!
You will be given training opportunities including Safeguarding training.
The day to day tasks and duties will include:
- Playing with the children.
- Reading stories.
- Helping to prepare snacks.
- Cleaning up after lunch and snack times.
- Personal care of the children (nappy changing and toileting).
- Feeding and bottle feeding of younger children and babies.
Requirements and prospects
- An ability to work well within a team.
- To have had previous experience of working with children.
- To want to work with children aged from babies (3 months - 2 years, toddlers 2-3 years and preschoolers 3-5 years).
- Good time keeping skills.
- A passion for learning.
- We are looking for a friendly, bubbly, happy, outgoing person who has a passion for working with children.
- You will be required to wear a uniform, which part of it will be provided.
- You will be required to maintain a professional image at all times and be able to work well as part of our friendly team.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C (or above or Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English) and experience and knowledge of working in the childcare sector.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Principles for Implementing Duty of Care.
- Understand Child and Young Person Development.
- Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People.
- Understand How to Support Positive Outcomes for Children and Young People.
- Assessment and Planning with Children and Young People.
- Support Speech, Language and Communication Development.
- Promote Positive Behaviour.
You will also study:
- Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT.
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
You would be required to work with different members of staff to help you gain your knowledge of the children and of the job role.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kendal College
Apprenticeship Team at Kendal College 01539 814700 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017