Advanced Apprentice Early Years Practitioner Gillitots Day Nursery
As an Apprentice Early Years Practitioner you will be ensuring the safety and security of children in the setting whilst promoting the children's learning and enjoyment through planned play experiences.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
15 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Gillitots Day Nursery are looking for an apprentice to work as an Apprentice Early Years Educator.
Daily duties would include:
- Working with children under 5 in their earliest years
- To help ensure the safety and security of children in the setting whilst promoting the children's learning and enjoyment through planned play experiences
- The role will include supporting children's care routines such as meal and sleep times, helping to prepare, carry out and clear away a wide range of childcare activities from outdoor play to creative activities and reading stories
- To supervise and support children's play extending their interests ensuring they feel safe and secure at all times
- To contribute to planning of activities and learning experiences for children in line with the EYFS
Please note: L3 EYE evening training will take place in Northenden (on Wednesdays, 6:00-8:30).
Requirements and prospects
- Able to communicate well with children and adults
- Able to work as an effective team member and use own initiative.
- Must be passionate to learn and develop personally
- Patient with good communication skills.
Ideally GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or the equivalent
About the employer
Gillitots Day Nursery
- Apprenticeship in Children’s Care Learning and Development
- Level 3 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Functional Skills Application of Number Level 2
- Functional Skills Communication Level 2
- Paediatric First Aid
- Health and safety / Manual handling course
Children and Young People's Workforce
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Total People Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017