Software Developer Apprentice - 12940 BLAIR PROJECT LTD
Currently seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual with a keen interest in computers, technology and the internet who would like to learn web and app development and train for a Level 3 software development technician apprenticeship. If you think you have the attributes to succeed in this role, we want to hear from you!
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
24 Oct 2017
4 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
To learn and develop the key skills required to support the development of e-learning programmes and learning apps.
To build and test simple, high quality code for software and link to data bases
To support in-house development of predominantly web-based applications using systems and data sourcing from (not exclusively): SAP, MS-SQL Server, MySQL and external sources
To develop a basic knowledge of (AWS) Amazon Web Services environment
To support with the design and delivery of systems applications for:
Employees - Intranet and Applications
Development and expansion of the company’s website
Consumers - Websites
To work as part of project teams, supporting with various aspects of the project management / development lifecycle
Once trained and to a proficient level, support with development of existing applications
To support with elements of Data Management and Database work
To support with the design of processes and systems
Requirements and prospects
- Experience using computers
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (word and Excel)
- Experience using websites
- Experience sending emails
- Knowledge of the internet
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills, writing skills and people skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good IT skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Able to correctly prioritise tasks.
- Take pride in your work.
- Willing to travel occasionally.
- Must be keen to progress, learn and adapt to new environments and challenging situations.
- Not afraid to get involved in a project outside of a traditional skill set.
- An enthusiastic and professional attitude
- Commitment to learning new skills
A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications) at grade C or above including English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
BLAIR PROJECT LTD
Software and Web Development
- L3 & L4 total: 31-39 months
- Part 1 – Level 3 apprenticeship: 13-15 months
- Part 2 – Level 4 apprenticeship: 18-24 months
- Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Digital Industries > Software Development Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
Before you apply
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017