Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship St Edward's C Of E Primary School
Through our apprenticeship programme, you will work as an apprentice Teaching Assistant in a school. You will support teachers and students in the classroom in lessons and become an integral part of the school support workforce.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
6 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working as an apprentice Teaching Assistant you’ll provide support to teachers in preparing for lessons and helping create a safe and enjoyable learning environment for all pupils. During lessons, you’ll work together with the class teacher to support pupils with classroom activities and help to manage behaviour. Excellent communication and enthusiasm will be key in supporting all pupils to progress, achieve and overcome any problems. You will support all areas of the curriculum including literacy, numeracy and ICT within the classroom. You’ll also accompany teaching staff and pupils on trips and other out-of-school activities.
You’ll also act as a role model for pupils and be a positive influence on their behaviour and performance at school. So it’s important that you demonstrate maturity and excellence in all you do.
At the end of your apprenticeship you will achieve the nationally recognised Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification, as well as valuable work experience, that will provide you with the best chance possible of being offered a full-time Teaching Assistant position. A newly qualified Teaching Assistant can earn between £14,000 and £21,000 per annum.
Below is a summary of your key roles and responsibilities; -
- Supervise and support pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
- Prepare the classroom for lessons, and clear away afterwards.
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting any difficulties.
- Support pupils to understand lesson instructions.
- Support pupils in respect of school curriculum, e.g. Literacy, Numeracy, and Early Years, as directed by the teacher.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes.
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and other out-of-school activities.
- Compliance with all necessary policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Provide appropriate levels of individual attention, reassurance, and help for pupil(s) needs as identified in Individul Education Plans / EHCP’s
- Support the specific needs of specified pupils – physical, emotional, medical or behavioural
- Provide information to support pupil progress including information for pupil records, reports, Individual Education Plans and annual reviews
Requirements and prospects
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupil’s parents and outside agencies
- Team player
- Good time management
- Willing to support the Christian ethos
- Hold GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Employee rights and responsibilities
Functional Skills (if required)
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
NATIONAL SCHOOLS TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by National Schools Training Ltd
Kate Wardle firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017