Apprentice Care Assistant Ashley Court Care Home
An Apprentice Care Assistant is required to provide a high quality of flexible care and support to all residents with a person centred approach.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
4 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To contribute to the residents mental, social and physical care needs.
- To share and support all staff in meeting the residents’ personal care needs.
- To provide individual dignity in all areas.
- To develop a good professional practice especially with regards to confidentiality and integrity.
- To develop a good relationship with families, remembering confidentiality at all times
- To ensure that the home is properly maintained
- To adhere to all fire precautions
- To ensure good standards of hygiene in all the building and to keep environment clean and tidy at all times where possible.
- To ensure that the home policies and procedures are adhered to all times.
- To contribute to the development of services and practices of Mars Care Services Ltd at Tavey House.
- To attend training as and when required.
- To attend Fire Drills.
- To attend staff meetings
- To participate and develop in-house/community activities.
- To adhere to the key worker system.
- To help with cleaning cooking, laundry etc.
- To answer telephone calls and take clear and concise messages.
- To log and write residents reports not using any abbreviations.
- To support individual residents as and when required with personal care needs like bathing, shaving, toileting, feeding, walking, washing, dressing etc.
- To report to the manager anything that is of concern or not in good practice.
- To observe Health and Safety within the home in all areas.
- To think about the residents that we have and think of health and safety on everything.
- To check read care plans for information the above is none- exhaustive which means to use your common sense when dealing with residents.
- To follow what you have read and follow instructions given by the Manager/Senior
Requirements and prospects
Willing to learn, caring, clear spoken English, a good standard of English, motivated, and use own iniative.
Has a genuine passion for caring, good listening skills, hard-working and wants to do this, flexible.
A good standard of education including Maths and English.
About the employer
Health & Social Care Level 2
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Rathbone Limited
Mitchell 0330 123 3220 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017