Bakery Apprenticeship CHITTY'S CAKES LIMITED
A twelve-month apprenticeship (with the potential for a permanent role at the end of it) at an artisan bespoke cake business in Birmingham could be yours. The right candidate will be passionate about baking & decorating cakes, and have a willingness to learn a wide variety of skills and take on a high level of responsibility.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
15 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Our Bakery Apprentice will learn and be given responsibility for:
- Baking cakes, cupcakes & biscuits to order
- Icing cakes & biscuits
- Making decorations for cupcakes & cakes
- Decorating bespoke cakes and biscuits
- Taking orders by phone and in person – liaising with clients regarding bespoke designs
- Maintaining cleanliness at all times in the bakery
- Maintaining appropriate stock levels at all times (including placing and taking delivery of regular orders)
- Assisting with set-up, clean-up and delivery of classes and workshops in the classroom and shop areas
- Assisting with deliveries, wedding set-ups and events
Requirements and prospects
- Polite, friendly manner with a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Good literacy and numeracy level
- Attention to detail
- Effective customer service
- Ability to take constructive criticism to learn and develop
- Creativity and imagination
- Ability to use own initiative.
Our ideal candidate will be friendly with a positive attitude to learning and developing with an enthusiasm for the baking industry. We would welcome any creative and artistic candidates with a passion for food - and in particular, cake. The right candidate will work well in a team as well as be able to use initiative and work alone at times. You will need to be flexible and ready to adapt to new challenges.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs (two being Maths and English) ‘or equivalent qualification’
Things to consider
About the employer
CHITTY'S CAKES LIMITED
Level 2 apprenticeship in Bakery. To include competency based qualifications, NVQ, Technical certificates, Employment rights and responsibilities, Personal learning and thinking skills, Functional skills level 1 in Maths and English.
The course will include both on and off job training and assessments which will take place in the workplace and /or at University College Birmingham.
Food and Drink
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by University College Birmingham
The Apprenticeship Team 01212324091 firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone under the age of 18 cannot legally work for more than 40 hours per week; over 18's must agree to ""opt out"" of the working time directive if they work more than 40 hours per week.
Before you apply
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017