Retail Sales Advisor Apprentice Bedale Flooring Ltd
Every customer who walks through our doors is a potential sale and your role is to ensure that you establish our customers needs and wants. You will be trained on how to balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business and maximise the sales.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
6 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- You will be responsible for stock, deliveries and goods out, the store warehouse is one area of responsibility.
- Liaising with drivers, carpet fitters and customers, so you will enjoy working with people as well as working on your own.
- You will be responsible for the organisation, securtity and cleanliness of the store warehouse and will keep the stock tiday and in good repair.
- The role of the home floor consultant means that, as well as estimating and selling in store, you will be travelling to customers homes to measure their rooms, giving advice on the type of flooring they may need and providing them with an estimate of the cost. You will need to be mobile and confident with customers, as well as having a good grasp of arthmetic and an understanding of the basics of laying out and cutting carpets. A driving license is ideal but not essential as this part of the role can be undertaken by other colleagues.
- Sales advisors are always on the move - making sure our customers get the best service we can deliver, liaising with colleagues and helping out in the warehouse when goods arrive at the store. You will be sharing your product knowledge and advice with our customers to ensure that they buy the product that is right for their needs. In addition, you will also take responsibility for the cleanliness and presentation of the store - making sure that our customers shop in a bright, clean enivironment.
- In addition to helping our customers and ensuring your customer service is second to none, your role is to support and deputise for the Store Managers to ensure the efficient running of the store. You will be helping out with the day to day managment of the store. This is a role that will help you develop your managment skills and could prepare you for the next step in your career - Store Manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work to own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Team worker.
- Driving License preferable but not essential.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Friendly with an outgoing personality.
- There are no qualifications required.
As part of the Apprenticeship we will train learners to Functional skills Level 2 if they do not possess English and Maths grades A-C.
About the employer
The successful applicant will undertake:
- Level 2 Diploma in Retail Standards.
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
- Employee Responsibilities and Rights.
- Functional skills at Level 1 in Maths, English and I.T. (if required).
All training to be delivered in the wokplace and on a one to one basis with tutor/assessor support.
Apprenticeship Standard - Retail the training provider is YH Training Services.
Retail > Retailer
YH TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by YH Training Services Ltd
avril deighton 01904 666713 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017