Waitress/General Assistant Apprentice The Country Tea Shop
To work as part of a small team in a very busy tea shop and restaurant, which is open 7 days per week. During your apprenticeship you will be trained in all aspects of the following skills and requirements.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
16 Nov 2017
15 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Greet guests, make them feel welcome and comfortable.
- Learn menu items and be able to describe them appropriately to customers.
- Take beverage and food orders.
- Deliver beverages in a timely manner.
- Check guests to ensure all ok.
- Clear dirty dishes from tables.
- Refill beverages throughout meal if appropriate.
- Encourage guests to order desserts.
- Prepare said desserts and deliver in timely manner.
- Deliver guest fills, take payments, and thank them for dining with us.
- Work with other members of staff and be a team player.
Customer Service Duties:
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Meet and greet customers and assist with seating.
- Present menus and explain menus and specials.
- Answer questions re food and drinks.
- Share info with customers on status of their orders.
- Refill drinks if appropriate throughout stay.
- Find out if they need any additional items.
- Verify customer’s satisfaction with order.
- Taking food and drink orders.
- Upselling additional food and beverages.
- Entering all items into restaurant register system.
- Deliver bills to customers.
- Accepting payments from customers and processing the same.
- Communicating orders to chef.
- Check customers order is correct prior to delivery to customer.
- Deliver orders to customers.
- Removing empty plates, cutlery and soiled napkins from tables.
- Prepare for day and clear down each evening.
- Take turns on pot wash and crockery restocking
- Notification of low stock items.
- Follow all relevant health department rules and regulations.
- Observe all principles of safe food handling and service.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic knowledge of food and drinks.
- Team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic maths skills.
- Professional and friendly (even in difficult situations).
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to handle heavy work loads during busy periods.
- GCSE English and Maths at grades D / 3 and above or the equivalent Level 1 qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
On the job training to be provided by the employer.
Bishop Auckland College will provide training and support, working with the employer to help provide the NVQ/Diploma or equivalent qualifications alongside Functional Skills in English, Mathematics and ICT (if required). Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Employment Rights and Responsibilities will also be delivered.
You may be required to attend Bishop Auckland College for day release, should the programme demand it.
BISHOP AUCKLAND COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bishop Auckland College
David Brough 01388 743164 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017